One of the world’s leading dance film festivals, the Los Angeles based Dance Camera West teams up with Mexico City’s Screendance festival MOVIMIENTO EN MOVIMIENTO to present a program featuring contemporary dance films from Argentina, Columbia, Cuba, Ecuador, and Mexico tell moving stories from both traditional and contemporary cultures.
This film screening will be followed by a Q&A with Dance Camera West’s Executive/Artistic director Kelly Hargraves and selected directors from the film, moderated by ArtPower Executive Director Jordan Peimer.
The film screening will include the following:
- Tren azul cincuentas directed by Rocío Becerril Porras (Mexico)
- Persistanz directed by Juan Carlos Gallego Gil (Colombia)
- Entre Ojos directed by Stephanie Sherman, Michal Hall B. R., Melissa Castro (Mexico/USA)
- El ciclo del viento directed by Josue Hermes y Ana del Aire (Mexico)
- Pellejo directed by Federico M. Panizza (Argentina)
- Wuuac directed by Alfredo Madrigal (Mexico)
- Chapter 5 directed by Rodrigo Rocha-Campos (Brazil/Canada)
- Excessive Bodies – Absent Bodies directed by Stéphanie Janaina (Mexico)
- We Are On The Same Bus directed by Nuno Serrão (Portugal)
- Escaleras sin fin directed by Margarita Bali (Argentina)